Recipe by Red Chef Mama
The best shrimp salad I have ever had. Crunchy, tangy, sweet and salty all at the same time! A great different way to use shrimp. :) "Cooking time" is time in the refrigerator in this recipe.
Top Review by NurseJaney
"Made for Australia/New Zealand swap #16". Prepared 1/2 recipe for lunch for DH and me, with saltines and fresh cantaloupe. Used scallions instead of onion - what I haad. Very tasty and fresh - just the right amount of seasoning. Thanks, Red Chef Mama, for sharing.
- 1 cup shrimp, cleaned and cooked
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pimentos, chopped
- 1⁄4 onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- French dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Split each shrimp lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, rice, celery, olives, green pepper, pimento and onion.
- Cover the mixture and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir together salt, pepper, and mayonnaise and toss with the shrimp mixture.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the lettuce
- Garnish with the tomato wedges and any leftover shrimp.
- Serve with the French dressing.