1/1 Photo of Shrimp Risotto With Fresh Herb Butter
This dish is finished with a delicious (and super-easy) basil and tarragon butter. For Zaar World Tour this is very Italian in origin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 88.74 ml butter, room temperature, divided
- 453.59 g uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 large shallots, chopped
- 236.59 ml arborio rice or 236.59 ml medium-grain white rice
- 177.44 ml riesling wine or 177.44 ml other white wine
- 591.47 ml clam juice
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil, divided
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh tarragon
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add shrimp; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until almost opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- 3Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to bowl and add 1 tablespoon butter and shallots to same pan.
- 4Sauté 3 minutes.
- 5Add rice; stir 1 minute, add wine.
- 6Stir until wine is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- 7Add clam juice and bring to boil, reduce heat.
- 8Simmer until rice is tender and risotto is creamy, stirring often, about 18 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, blend remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon basil, and tarragon in small bowl.
- 10Season herb butter to taste with salt and pepper.
- 11Mix shrimp, any accumulated juices, and 1 tablespoon basil into risotto.
- 12Simmer 2 minutes.
- 13Season with salt and pepper and spoon risotto into shallow bowls.
- 14Swirl some herb butter into top of each. Serve, passing cheese separately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Risotto With Fresh Herb Butter
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.7
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 189.0 mg
- Sodium 1347.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 20.5 g