- Ready In:
- Bring broth and water to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Add asparagus and simmer, uncovered, until just tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer asparagus with a slotted spoon to an ice bath to stop cooking, then drain. Keep broth at a bare simmer, covered.
- Cook onion in 2 tablespoons butter with 1/4 teaspoon salt in a 4-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add wine and simmer, stirring constantly, until absorbed.
- Stir in 1/2 cup broth mixture and briskly simmer, stirring frequently, until absorbed. Continue adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently and letting each addition be absorbed before adding the next, until rice is creamy and tender but still al dente (it should be the consistency of a thick soup), about 18 minutes. (There will be leftover broth mixture.)
- Stir in shrimp and cook until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus, zest, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, parmesan, parsley, and pepper to taste. (Thin risotto with some of remaining broth if necessary.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Busy female executive with family; love to cook when I have the time, which isn't often enough. Always looking for quick, easy but fabulous recipes to enjoy. Fresh herbs and high quality ingredients can make the difference between average and fantastic.