Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can use any pasta you like for this really, but I like conchigliette, just to go with the seafood theme. (NOTE: Prep time does not include refrigerating overnight.)
- 8 ounces pasta shells, cooked (conchigliette)
- 6 scallions, diced
- 4 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked
- 3 eggs, hard-cooked and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss the cooked conchigliette with the scallions. Add the Tabasco sauce, shrimp, eggs, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Toss again. Refrigerate overnight for best results before serving.
This was a really good, yet simple salad. I thought the shell pasta was a perfect match with the shrimp. I usually put celery or green pepper into salads like this, but the scallions gave enough color, crunch and flavor that I didn't miss those. I did, however, think it needed some other herb or spice, like parsley or dill or tarragon to pick up the flavor a bit. I will add one of those next time. Thanx for posting!