Barefoot Contessa Pasta With Sun-Dried Tomatoes - Ina Garten
photo by kiwidutch
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fusilli (spiral)
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes, cut in medium dice
- 1⁄4 cup good black olives, such as Kalamata, pitted and diced
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut in medium dice
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup packed basil leaves, cut in julienne
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, diced
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, salted water with splash of oil. Boil 12 minutes, or according to directions on package. Drain well and allow to cool.
- Place pasta in bowl and add tomatoes, olives, mozzarella and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- To make dressing: Combine sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, salt and pepper in food processor until almost smooth.
- Pour dressing over pasta, sprinkle with Parmesan and basil and toss well.
Easily the best pasta salad I've ever had (and the only one I'll ever make again.) Easily. It's my absolute favorite thing to bring to summer a pot-luck/ picnic and is *always* a hit! <br/><br/>I also omit the olives, and typically double the recipe for the 'sauce' because otherwise I feel like it's a little dryer than I'd like... And, if I'm taking it to a potluck I typically double the entire recipe-- because, and believe me when I say this, you're *going to* want left overs.