Recipe by Sharlene~W
This tasty little treat came from Better Homes and Gardens "Prizewinning Recipes". Unusual and very easy to make.
Top Review by Toni in Colorado
I first made this in 1994. I'm rating in 4 stars because I did add 1/4 cup celery, diced fine, 1/4 cup pecan pieces, and salt to taste. Very good. I was going to post it, but found it already listed. Thanks.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) can baby shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 36 -40 tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine cheese, chili peppers, olives, green onions, and mayonnaise.
- Gently stir in shrimp.
- Using two 12-inch pizza pans, arrange about half of the tortilla chips. Top each chip with a teaspoon or two of the cheese-shrimp mixture.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or just until cheese is melted. Let cool a minute or so before transferring to serving plate as the cheese will be very hot.