Spicy Shrimp Nachos
- Ready In:
- 1 cup mango, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons jamaican jerk spice
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces tortilla chips (8 cups)
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese or 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat broiler.
- For salsa: In a bowl stir together mango, sweet pepper, onion, and chile pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together brown sugar and jerk seasoning.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Coat a grill pan or large skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- Add half the shrimp at a time to the pan.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until shrimp are opaque.
- Remove and set aside.
- If desired, coarsely chop shrimp.
- Spread tortilla chips on a broiler-safe platter or baking sheet.
- Top with shrimp and salsa.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 4 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Join The Conversation