Sweet Chili Shrimp Nachos
photo by HeatherHomemade
- Ready In:
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen shrimp (deveined and tailless for easy prep, thawed)
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 (2 ounce) bag prepared shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle sweet chili sauce (and Yum Yum sauce. It wouldn't let me add this as it's own ingredient)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- your favorite frying oil
- Fill frying vessel with enough oil to cover 2 inches.
- Cut Wonton Wrappers in half to make an easier-to-eat size chip.
- Fry Wonton Wrappers on medium about 40 seconds each flipping half way though until golden brown.
- Set on paper towels and immediately salt. Move to serving dish and top with coleslaw mixture.
- Cut each shrimp into 3 pieces and toss in the corn starch to dredge. This will give you a light crunchy texture.
- Fry shrimp in batches on medium high about 2 minutes for each batch stirring with spider or slotted spoon to prevent clumping.
- Toss shrimp in sweet chilli sauce and assemble a spoonful atop each Wonton chip.
- Drizzle with yum yum sauce and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!