Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a fast and easy meal and not to mention delicious. If you feel you need more heat in this chili, you could add more cumin or chilies/jalapeno or even a can of rotel with chilies for the diced tomatoes. Cook time is an estimate for prep and cooking.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 lb cooked medium shrimp, peeled and devined
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, broth, picante sauce, cumin and basil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Add shrimp; simmer 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with rice if desired.
A great recipe. I used a red bell pepper and a yellow bell pepper instead of the green pepper. I doubled the cumin and added 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper and 3 minced garlic cloves. I also added 1 cup of corn. It came together quickly and served it over brown rice. Yummy!
This is REALLY yummy! My husband has high cholesterol so we don't typically eat a lot of shrimp (even thought I love it) but we (well he splurged) and we made this and it was fabulous!! Thanks!