Chicken & Black Bean Chili
This is my 8-year-old daughter's favorite meal.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn
- Heat oil in a large soup kettle. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Add cubed chicken and cook until done.
- * I sometimes use precooked chicken to save a couple minutes prep time or use up leftovers.
- Add broth, spices ,black beans, tomatoes, and corn. Bring to a boil, and then let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Can also be cooked in the crockpot rather than on the stovetop -- in fact. the longer it cooks the tastier it is. Freezes well also.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs as that's where the flavor is. Also I preseason the chicken prior to grilling it first. This gives it a good seer to lock in juices and adds a smokiness to it, slice it up then introduce to recipe. Cilantro and diced green onions are another addition opted for during the simmer phase.<br/><br/>USE YOUR IMAGINATION<br/>ENJOY!!!Reply
This was easy and delish. Dh thought it could be spicier (he was to lazy to get off the couch for the hot sauce, LOL). I did have a moment when i was making this. I was using the pot i was going to make this in so in the a.m. i turned to my trusty crock pot. The chicken was still a touch frozen, so i cut it into bite size pieces, added everything else (only change was i used rotle i had no plain diced and didn't think the ones with basil would taste right). Cooked on high for 1 hr turned to low and cooked about 5 1/2 hr. This was very easy and would be great for left over chicken or turkey. I served with shredded cheddar, sour cream and taco chips.Reply