Recipe by Chill
I crave the noodles on those Chinese buffets and found this easy recipe in one of my cookbooks. I've changed a few things to make it easier to prepare.
Top Review by Catnip46
This wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. I used whited pepper instead of black and omitted the bean sprouts. I think adding cabbage as the other reviewer did would have been good. I do not believe I would make this a gain.
- 12 ounces thin chinese noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (or Splenda)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to directions (mine were 3 mins). Drain and rinse under cool water. Combine noodles and sesame oil and set aside.
- Combine oyster and soy sauce with sugar and pepper in small bowl and set aside.
- Heat wok or large skillet and add oil. Add ginger and garlic and stir fry ten seconds. Add shrimp and stir fry until pink, about 1 minute. Add onions and sherry; stir fry 15 secs.
- Add 1/2 of the bean sprouts and fry 15 secs, then add the rest of the sprouts and stir fry.
- Add oyster sauce and noodles and stir fry until thoroughly heated, about 2 minutes.