Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe my DH makes. He got it from Nana (his mother) who got it from someone in New Orleans. It is so very good. I could eat the whole batch! Eat with herb crackers, butter crackers, celery, etc. The optional ingredients are courtesy of my first reviewer.
- 170.09 g can lump crabmeat, drained and picked over to remove bones
- 2 (340.19 g) can baby shrimp, drained
- 59.16 ml light mayonnaise (or more to taste)
- 226.79 g package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml butter, softened (not margarine)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- onion powder (to taste)
- 14.79 ml of finely minced water chestnut
- 14.79-29.58 ml finely minced and lightly sauteed onion
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve with good crackers or celery sticks.
Mmmmmm this was super good! I've been looking for a good cold shrimp & crab dip recipe (most are served hot) and this one is awesome! I took it to a superbowl party and all my friends (all culinary & restaurant employees in our twenties) loved it. Next time I think I will add some chopped celery or onions for texture.