Recipe by Caryn Dalton
This is a recipe my DH makes. He got it from Nana (his mother) who got it from someone in New Orleans. It is so very good. I could eat the whole batch! Eat with herb crackers, butter crackers, celery, etc. The optional ingredients are courtesy of my first reviewer.
Top Review by Pacificoasthwy
Mmmmmm this was super good! I've been looking for a good cold shrimp & crab dip recipe (most are served hot) and this one is awesome! I took it to a superbowl party and all my friends (all culinary & restaurant employees in our twenties) loved it. Next time I think I will add some chopped celery or onions for texture.
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained and picked over to remove bones
- 2 (6 ounce) cans baby shrimp, drained
- 4 tablespoons light mayonnaise (or more to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (not margarine)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- onion powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of finely minced water chestnut
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely minced and lightly sauteed onion