Recipe by Hey Jude
This is delicious and easy enough for me to do after work when I get a craving for it. Be sure to serve with plenty of steamed rice to soak up the sauce. Recipe from Sam Choy's Sampler.
Top Review by ChefDebs
This was delicious, I had some cooked shrimp in the freezer, so I made the sauce and threw the shrimp in for the last 5 mins cooking time.I also threw in a handful of frozen peas at the same time.Thanks for a great recipe
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (16-20)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, blanched
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and olive oil, and saute onion and curry powder until onion is translucent.
- Add shrimp, sugar, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Saute 3-4 minutes, then remove to a plate.
- In the skillet, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter, stir in flour and cook 5 minutes.
- Slowly add cream, chicken stock and coconut milk, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and thick.
- Return shrimp to pan, along with snap peas; heat through.
- Serve with steamed rice.