Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A knock-off of a recipe I saw in a book...only a lot less work.
Make and share this Shrimp Cordon Bleu over Linguine recipe from Food.com.
- olive oil
- 6 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup brandy (about 1/3 cup) or 1⁄3 cup cognac (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach
- 2 lbs shrimp, cleaned and devained
- 1 lb prosciutto, sliced thin and chopped
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded or cubed)
- 1 lb pasta
- Cook pasta according to directions --.
- Saute onions and garlic in oil until tender. Add mushrooms and cook until soft. Add cognac and cook about 2 minutes. Add 1 tbsp flour and stir. Add chicken broth and reduce by 1/2(about 7 minutes). Add salt, heavy cream, tobasco sauce, and spinach, shrimp proscuitto, and mozerella. Simmer 10 minutes or until shrimps are pink.
- Pour sauce over pasta and enjoy. Serve with garlic bread.
This was an absolutely wonderful dish with a full, rich flavor. Very easy to prepare and cooked up quickly. Made for PAC Fall 08.