Recipe by MsSally
This is a healthy salad that can be used for dinner or to take along to a pot luck. Pasta and shrimp, with yummy vegetables in a lemony spicy dressing. Very easy to make. Note: Chill time is not included in cook time.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was really tasty and made a nice lunch for me to bring to work last week! I used whole wheat pasta shells, sour cream instead of yogurt, and sliced scallions instead of onion. I also was a little more generous with the Old Bay seasoning. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting this. Made for Every Day is a Holiday Tag Game.
- 16 ounces shell pasta
- 16 ounces baby shrimp, precooked, frozen
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, can use light
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. During the last two (2) minutes of cook time add shrimp and peas to pasta. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Set aside.
- In small bowl combine yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, Old Bay, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Pour pasta into a serving bowl, add vegetables and dressing and chill for at least an hour. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.