Light Shrimp and Pasta Salad
A tasty light main dish salad. Good summer meal, either for lunch or a light supper.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups small shell pasta (or other small pasta shapes)
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Toss pasta with shrimp, celery, red pepper, peas and onions.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add to pasta mixture.
- Stir well.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- If desired, serve on a bed of lettuce, accompanied with a slice or two of fresh crusty bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION