Recipe by ctrmom
Try this unusual and healthy salad for lunch or dinner. My husband and teenage daughters love it. The inspiration for this salad was Edamame and Bean Salad With Shrimp and Fresh Salsa. I started there and used what I had in the fridge. The recipe morphed into this yummy combination. I garnished the salad with the cheese and pilaf and served it on a bed of iceberg. This was fantastic with Triscuit trianglular wafers.
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked and shelled
- 1 cup edamame, cooked and shelled
- 3 -4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced (about 3 T)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Optional (amounts are approximate)
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce or 4 cups other salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup whole grains and sesame pilaf mix, like Kashi
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the edamame according to the package directions. Rinse it with cold water and drain it. Thaw the shrimp if it was frozen.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, Tabasco, and pepper. Dress the edamame and shrimp with this mixture. Toss in the green onions, stirring gently until everything is coated.
- Serve the salad on a bed of greens if desired. Garnish it with the cheese and the pilaf - again, if desired.