Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just created this recipe and I think it's delicious, I hope you enjoy it. Recipe can be prepared beforehand but should be reheated in a 350 Oven for about 8 minutes in order to keep quesadillas crisp. DO NOT use Microwave or they will be soggy.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled
- 4 jalapeno peppers, diced (I usually include the seeds from 2 of them because I like the quesadillas spicy)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1⁄2 lime (once avocado chopped squeeze lime juice on avocado)
- 8 ounces shredded mexican cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese or 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 8 large tortillas
- canola oil (for frying)
- Place approximately 1-2 tb of oil in 12" Non-stick saute pan over med-hi heat. Cook shrimp approximately 2 minutes per side (until cooked thru), set aside to cool, chop and put in bowl. In same pan or in a smaller fry pan, saute the chopped peppers (and seeds) for approximately 8-10 minutes, add to bowl with shrimp; add chopped cilantro; add chopped avocado and mix.
- In 12" non-stick pan, over med-hi heat, add about 1 tb of oil; add 1 tortilla, working quickly, add a handful of shredded cheese on 1/2 the tortilla, add some of the shrimp/avocado mix, cook until tortilla turns golden brown about 90 seconds-2 minutes (adjust heat as necessary), fold side with no ingredients over the other 1/2, press slightly to adhere sides, remove to cutting board and if you have a pizza cutter, cut in 4 wedges; repeat with remaining 7 tortillas. As an appetizer can serve 10-12 people.