Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Spicy arugula, sweet grape tomatoes and juicy shrimp make this a memorable meal that is both quick and easy. Good enough for company, easy enough for weekdays.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and devained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bunch arugula, rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf, rolled and sliced
- Cook linguine to al dente, drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 t oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and salt. Cook until shrimp is opaque, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate. (undercook slightly as shrimp will cook more later).
- In same skillet, add remaining oil and add onion, garlic, red pepper. Cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, shrimp and lemon juice. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add arugula, linguine and basil. Toss together until pasta is coated and arugua is wilted and warm, about 2 minutes.