1/1 Photo of Shredded Pork Tacos
3 hrs 25 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Makes really delicious tacos. You can make this into shredded beef too, just use a beef chuck roast in place of the pork blade roast. Vary your toppings as you like- add some fresh jalapenos and spice things up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Meat
- 2 lbs boneless pork blade roast, trimmed of fat
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 3 fresh jalapenos, chopped (optional)
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
For the Tacos
- 1Season and rub meat with salt, pepper, coriander, cumin, and oregano.
- 2Place roast in a large saucepan and add water about halfway up the meat.
- 3Add onions, peppers, and garlic to pan and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 1/2- 3 hours or until very tender.
- 5Carefully remove meat from liquid and place on a cutting board with adequate drainage.
- 6Allow to cool until you can handle it, then shred the meat with 2 forks.
- 7Set the meat aside and keep warm.
- 8Warm crispy taco shells for 5 minutes at 350F (if using) or warm flour tortillas briefly in a hot skillet until pliable.
- 9Build tacos on warmed shells or tortillas with some meat, lettuce, cheese, olives, sliced avocado, and a little salsa.
- 10Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shredded Pork Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.0
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 402.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: