Crock Pot Pulled Pork Tacos
photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 15mins
- 3 lbs boneless pork butt
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Coleslaw
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 12 taco shells
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- Place pork in 3 quart slow cooker.
- Combine next 8 ingredients; spoon over pork.
- Cover; on low, cook until very tender, 12 hours.
- Transfer to plate; using 2 forks, shred.
- Return pork to sauce in cooker.
- Toss coleslaw with scallion.
- Serve pork in taco shells with coleslaw and tomato.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I Sous Vide the pork at 155F for 36 hours. It fell apart with forks and ultimately melted in my mouth. However did not absorb the flavors of the sauce which is just as well as the sauce was not the best. I doctored the sauce and the pork was so soft it absorbed it well. I put together soft tacos and they were great.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!