Lime-Cilantro Pork Tacos
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped plum tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and black pepper. Add oil to pan.
- Add pork, and saute 4 minutes or until browned Remove pork from pan; place in a bowl. Add onion and jalapeno to pan. Add broth; reduce heat, and simmer for 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in tomato; simmer 2 minutes.
- Return pork and accumulated juices to pan. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; cook 1 minute or until pork in done.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 1/2 cup pork mixture into each tortilla; roll up.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very tasty. These tasted healthy, but in a good way. Loved the zip from the lime & the freshness from the cilantro. No cheese or sour cream was needed, just a little dab of hot sauce. Pork tenderloin is pricey, so used 2 pork loin chops and it was tender and good. Corn tortillas. Will make again, thanks.
Tasty!! Two changes ... I added a bit more pepper, I like spice and also I did add some diced avocado for a fresh cool flavor to the wrap. And me, I did have sour cream as a garnish.<br/><br/>But, the recipe was good as is. I just love sour cream with any kind of Mexican type food. Nice recipe and blend of flavors.<br/>Thx for sharing a great recipe
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a wife, mother and nurse. I have 2 boys born in 2002 and 2003. I love to cook and try to make something new at least once a week.The picture is my little boy Luke taking pictures of his dinner like mommy. I have really enjoyed posting pictures and will try to improve and do it more often. <br /><img src=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/LukeSamDad.jpg/IMG alt= /> <img src=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/engagementpicture.jpg/IMG alt= /> <br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/completedbanner.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/FinishedJollyRoger_1.jpg border=0 alt=Image /> <br />[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/FemCrewnamescomplete.jpg[/IMG] <br /><br /><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank><img src=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/FemCrewnamescomplete.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></a> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></p>