Colorful raw beet salad with a tangy dressing makes this salad a nice change of pace.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium beets
- 3 medium carrots
- 1/2 large yellow pepper
- 3 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- mixed salad green
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1The dressing and salad ingredients can all be prepared ahead and set aside to be put together at the last minute.
- 2Peel and grate raw beets and carrots, set aside in separate bowls or piles. Longer “strings” are more appealing.
- 3Slice pepper into slivers.
- 4Chop red onion.
- 5Blend together all Dressing ingredients (or use Magic Bullet).
- 6On a flat salad plate, put a layer of salad greens, topped with some red onion.
- 7Put a flat layer of beets, topped with a smaller layer/pile of carrots.
- 8Arrange yellow pepper slivers around the beets/carrots.
- 9Top with Feta and sunflower seeds.
- 10Let each person add their own dressing, but it doesn't need much.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shredded Beet and Carrot Salad
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.2
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 335.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 6.4 g