Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was clipped from a magazine. It's quick and easy to prepare.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced and cooked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 7 1⁄2 ounces refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- chopped parsley
- 1 dash paprika
- In a heavy skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour and salt; blend until smooth,
- Add chicken broth and hot pepper sauce all at once.
- Heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in chicken, carrots and sour cream; simmer over low heat until hot.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; cut each biscuit in half.
- Place halves on hot stew.
- Simmer, uncovered 10 minutes.
- Cover; simmer over low heat 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are no longer doughy.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and paprika.