Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A flavorful lowfat muffin.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup toasted almond, finely ground
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, for muffin tops
- Preheat oven to 375°F Coat muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except sesame seeds. Pour into dry ingredients and mix just until all ingredients are moist.
- Spoon batter in muffin tin, filling to rims.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, until light brown, and a cake tester inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.