Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a tasty meal ... worth the wait.
Make and share this Season's Cheese & Chile Enchilada Crock Pot Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chilies
- 12 corn tortillas or 12 flour tortillas, cut into squares
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can olives
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pint salsa
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in the oil; add the ground beef to brown. Drain the fat from the beef; add the taco seasoning, salsa and mix thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup with the diced green chilies.
- Spray the crock pot with cooking spray. Then spoon in 3 TBSP soup mixture and spread to cover the bottom of the stoneware.
- Then layer with tortillas, soup mixture, ground beef mixture, cheese mixture. Continue making these layers until you have used all of the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl combine sour cream and salsa, a sprinkling of black olives and garnish with green onions.
This was great! I usually make these kind of dishes with chicken. I really loved it with the beef. I didn't have time to wait 6-8 hours in the crockpot so I just assembled it in a 9x13 pan. It worked great. Thanks!
I was disapointed with this recipe. I had all the ingredients on hand and needed to throw something in the pot to be done when I got home later... I thought I would like it because it smelled wonderful, but instead my husband and I found it to be bland and mushy... sorry...
The only reason I didn't give this recipe 5 stars is because I halved it and cooked it in the oven (covered on 350 for about 35 min). It was soooo good. I also left the tortillas whole and sliced it like a 'cake'. Perfect ingredients, super easy, and the leftovers are delicious. Thanks for sharing this keeper!