Baked Chile Relleno Casserole
photo by Renae F.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 (22 ounce) can whole green chilies
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup taco seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Brown hamburger meat with chopped garlic. When brown, add taco seasoning and water. Drain and set aside.
- Spray 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Tear chile peppers open and line bottom of casserole. Layer all hamburger meat and 2/3 cheese on top of chiles.
- Top with another layer of chiles and top with remaining cheese.
- Combine eggs, flour and milk. Pour over chile mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325F for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Mother of three, happily unmarried to a wonderful man who uncomplainingly eats whatever experiment is put before him. Paula Deen and my mom are my culinary heroes. My mother could take a pound of hamburger or one chicken and make it feed five people and still have leftovers. How'd you do that, Mom?