1 hr 20 mins
Zee Merchant's Note:
I got this recipe from Nigella Bites- the show. Loved it from the very first time I made it. The good thing about this recipe is that it also has a vegetarian version so no one misses out on the taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons hot red curry paste
- 2 fresh lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fish stock
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 lb pumpkin or 1/2 lb butternut squash, peeled & cut into cubes
- 1/2 lb salmon or 1/2 lb any robust fish, cut into cubes
- 16 pieces raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 bunch bok choy, hand torn
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- cilantro, for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock (Instead of fish stock)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (Instead of seafood)
- 1Heat oil.
- 2Skim the cream from the top of the can of the coconut cream and add to the oil.
- 3Add the curry paste and whisk well until blended.
- 4Add the rest of the juice from the can of coconut cream.
- 5Snip the lime leaves with scissors and add to the above.
- 6Bruise the lemon grass and add.
- 7Add the fish stock, fish sauce, sugar (add more to. balance out the saltiness of sauce).
- 8Add the pumpkin cubes, cover and cook until tender.
- 9Now add in fish pieces and the shrimp.
- 10Cook some more until fish is almost cooked.
- 11Add the bok choy and cook until the bok choy is wilted.
- 12Add lime juice, salt (if required) and turn off heat.
- 13Garnish with cilantro.
- 14Serve with fragrant jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Pumpkin Curry - Nigella Lawson
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.0
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 937.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
fresh lime leaves