Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
I got this out of the new "Family Circle" magazine. Nobody has posted such a recipe on Zaar from what I could find while searching. I think it sounds quite yummy and wanted to pass it along.
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (or any cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- Mix crab, shrimp, sour cream, chilis, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Cover bottom and sides of a 13x9 dish with tortilla chips.
- Cover chips with seafood mixture and top with salsa, cheese, olives and scallions.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 16 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
As a seafood and nacho lover, this combination is hard to beat! Easy to prepare,a colorful presentation and very tasty. The only thing I did wrong was to chop the crab and shrimp up too fine, but I won't make that mistake next time. Can't wait to make it again. Thanks for a keeper!
Dynamite appetizers. I used fresh crab meat but otherwise followed the recipe. I thought the seafood base was very well seasoned. The toppers just added extra umpfh. These went over very well with all my guests. Thanks Tara.
These were wonderful Tara. I did as a couple of the reviewers suggested and kept the crab and shrimp on the chunky side. Well seasoned and looked beautiful when assembled. I doubled the recipe because this was supper for us. The whole family gave this high marks. Thanks, Gladys.