Recipe by Eldeevee
I received this recipe from my girlfriend after she made it for a dinner party. The steps may seem long, but it is very simple to put together and it is a delicious recipe. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.
Top Review by Noway
Would do 4 1/2 if could, I was looking for a recipe that was similar to the one I have packed in a box, and your's was it. Great flavor and everyone loved it. My only problem was the sauce was not enough to cover the top layer of pasta properly, next time I will increase it, also can't get scallops here so increased the shrimp and crab, but really a fantastic dish, thank you.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups light cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 9 spinach lasagna noodles
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1⁄4 lb crab
- 1⁄4 lb scallops
- 3⁄4 lb swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan melt 1/4 cup of butter, add onion and cook over medium heat until soft.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes.
- Pour wine over mushroom mixture and sprinkle with basil, chives and parsley.
- Simmer, reducing until liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt remaining butter and add flour and cook for one minute.
- Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Slowly (you must do this slowly) pour in cream and chicken stock, stirring constantly.
- Continue stirring over medium heat until sauce comes to a boil and is thickened.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add mushroom/wine mixture to cream sauce and set aside.
- Shred the cheeses.
- Meanwhile cook lasagna noodles.
- In another bowl, combine the seafood.
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking dish, and spread a thin layer of sauce in the pan.
- Lay 3 noodles in pan, spread with 1/3 of the sauce, a 1/3 of the seafood and a 1/3 of the cheese - repeat until done.
- Bake uncovered in a 350*F for 40-50 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.