Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not sure if I came up with this on my own or if it's a common recipe but I had a craving for eggs with cheese and mushrooms last night, when I started to make it and get the ingredients, I discovered to my dismay that we were totally out of cheese which is quite unusal in my house, anyway, I sauted some sliced fresh muchrooms and chopped onions in butter, added some parmesan cheese, let it saute for about 15 minutes, then scrambled eggs and added it to the other ingredients....was pleasantly surprised, it came out very tasty and I will be making it again, DH an DS loved it.
- 3 large sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Heat saucepan, Add butter till it's melted.
- Add mushrooms and onions, stir well.
- Add Parmesan cheese.
- Saute on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, scramble egg and milk.
- Add egg and milk mixture to other ingredients.
- Scramble as you would if you were making plain scrambled eggs.
- Cood over medium heat, stirring constantly --.
- When eggs are not wet anymore, serve with toast or bagels -- .
Really great and simple. Used fresh minced garlic, sliced baby bellas and dried chives (wish I'd had fresh, but still very good.) Thanks, Janice!
Made this today! Didn't use the milk and used cheddar cheese instead of parmesan (it was the only cheese I had on hand) was very yummy and pretty easy! I had it with toast, wil try it again!
Very nice Sunday Brunch recipe - I made it with two eggs for 1 serving. I omitted the parmesan and used "No Oil" on the pan. Will make again 18 Sept.2011 Made again added the parmesan just before serving. Lovely brunch