Scrambled Eggs With Fines Herbes and Tomatoes
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 12 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs, finely chopped (I used parsley, tarragon and chives)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche (or heavy creme)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced, and drained (home grown are best)
- Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl, reserving 2 yolks in a smaller separate bowl. Add the herbs (reserving a little for garnishing), salt and pepper to the large bowl of eggs. Mix with a whisk.
- In the smaller bowl of egg yolks, whisk in the mustard and creme fraiche. Mix well.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. When melted, add the large bowl of eggs and cook, stirring constantly, until creamy and just barely thickened.
- Add the yolk mixture and the tomatoes to the skillet. Stir once or twice to incorporate, and remove from the heat. They will continue to cook off the heat.
- Prepare the plate, serve the eggs garnished with some of the herbs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I simply went out into my herb garden and grabbed a little parsley, thyme, blue sage, and rosemary and tossed it in the pan with the other ingredients. Nice fluffly eggs. I also used tomatoes from my garden so it was nice to use my garden for once. I will definitely keep this recipe in mind when I make eggs for breakfast. Made for ZWT8.
The dijon mustard works really well in this recipe and I like the fluffy textue from mixing in the egg yolk at the very end. I used fresh parsley and chives; and opted to keep my tomatoes sliced fresh and not cooked in the eggs. Definitely a recipe I will be making again. Made for ZWT8 by Bistro Babes
I scaled this back for 2 serves and my herb of choice was basil (just love it with tomatoes) and I used light sour cream in place of the creme fraiche and about half the butter and served with wholl/wholegrain toasted bread. We just loved the flavours and what a difference putting in those 2 eggs yolks separately does for the texture of the eggs., loved it. Thank you PanNan and lazyme for the recommendation, made for I Recommend Tag Game.