- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- pepper (preferably white)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced or chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 4 tablespoons 35% cream (heavy)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, crack the 2 large eggs and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Using a non-stick pan over medium high heat, gently heat the olive oil and begin to sauté the mushrooms, seasoning with salt and pepper and tossing gently.
- It is important not to overcook the mushrooms.
- Once they have been sautéed for 2 to 3 minutes, add the butter then the eggs.
- Reduce heat to medium and gently work the scrambled eggs slowly from the outside of the pan to the centre.
- If the heat is too high, the eggs will be rubbery.
- Once the eggs start to take on the form of a scrambled-egg look, add the 35% cream & the chives.
- This is the final touch& slows down the cooking of the eggs to ensure that they will be soft and tender.
- Gently work in the cream for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Remove from heat and serve.