Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick, delicious breakfast idea from Michael Bonacini of Binn's Restaurant.
Make and share this Scrambled Eggs with Mushrooms & Chives recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- pepper (preferably white)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced or chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 4 tablespoons 35% cream (heavy)
- In a small bowl, crack the 2 large eggs and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Using a non-stick pan over medium high heat, gently heat the olive oil and begin to sauté the mushrooms, seasoning with salt and pepper and tossing gently.
- It is important not to overcook the mushrooms.
- Once they have been sautéed for 2 to 3 minutes, add the butter then the eggs.
- Reduce heat to medium and gently work the scrambled eggs slowly from the outside of the pan to the centre.
- If the heat is too high, the eggs will be rubbery.
- Once the eggs start to take on the form of a scrambled-egg look, add the 35% cream & the chives.
- This is the final touch& slows down the cooking of the eggs to ensure that they will be soft and tender.
- Gently work in the cream for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Just had this for breakfast. The cream added almost at the end really makes a different. I've always just added the cream in with the eggs.
This was SOOO GOOD! I love the hint about adding the cream after the eggs have started cooking. This made the eggs really creamy and I will be sure to remember this tip when making future scrambled eggs. Also loved the flavor the chives gave to this dish. Thanks so much for posting.
These are really yummy creamy eggs. The name says & chives and you didn't have that in the recipe so I added 1 tblspn chopped garlic chives to this recipe. I do think the cream is what makes these eggs so delicious.