Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is one of my favorite breakfast recipes to make on a lazy Sunday morning, although it comes together very quickly. I recently discovered Thomas' Bagel Thins, which work perfectly for this recipe. They are nice and thin, but any type bread of your preference would work too.
- 3 everything bagels (I use Thomas's Bagel Thins) or 3 onion bagels (I use Thomas's Bagel Thins)
- 44.37 ml soft cream cheese with chives
- 4 jumbo eggs
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml milk
- 29.58 ml heavy cream
- 44.37 ml chopped red onions
- 113.39 g smoked salmon
- capers (optional)
- dill sprigs (optional)
- Toast bagels medium-well and keep warm.
- In bowl, beat eggs well, then add dill, salt and pepper and beat some more. Add milk and cream and beat again until frothy.
- Melt butter in skillet and add egg mixture. Scramble until soft.
- To assemble, divide cream cheese evenly among bagel slices and spread. Divide salmon slices evenly and place atop cream cheese. Sprinkle chopped red onion over salmon, then mound cooked eggs on top. Garnish each with capers and dill sprigs, if desired.
What a delicious breakfast this made. I scaled back to 1.5 serves and used 2 medium eggs and served on wholemeal English muffin halves as I could not purchase bagels. Wasn't till I had finished eating I realized I forgot to put the onion on and I didn't use the optional capers from choice. Thank you JackieOhNo! for a wonderfully delicious breakfast.
Lovely recipe. I used a sesame seed coated bagel. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)