Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe originally was my cabbage roll recipe, One day when I was in a hurry I did it this way!! We love it either way !!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 head cabbage, chopped coarsely
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 quart stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- sour cream (to garnish)
- Saute the ground beef in the butter; drain off any extra fat.
- Add onion and garlic; saute.
- Add cabbage, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, rice, water, bay leaf and salt and pepper.
- Stir; cover and simmer at least 1 hour.
- Serve with sour cream on the side so you can put desired amount on.
This is just what I needed...simple, easy, uncomplicated and yummy. I used regular brown rice instead of with no problems. I didn't even notice the rice in the finished dish. We all loved it. Made for PAC '07.