Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
The ALWAYS requested cookie at my house for the holidays. I cannot remember where I got the original recipe from, but I have been making them for over 20 years.
- Cream butter until soft, gradually adding sugar creaming until fluffy.
- Mix in flour, BEAT until crumbly.
- Turn into an ungreased 13x9 pan.
- Press with gently with fingers into a even and firm layer.
- Prick evenly with a fork, you may wish to sprinkle the top with a little additional sugar.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes until LIGHTLY browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting into"finger" shaped cookies.
Very simple and delicious !! I brought these to work and everyone loved them. I promised to make them some more for the pot luck !
Great recipe. Easy to make and delicious. I used powdered sugar and used a little less. Will definitely make this again.
Michelle...I can't thank you enough for posting this recipe! I know it's "stupid simple", but those are often the one's in particular that stump me! I always try too hard! Secondly and more importantly, this recipe brings me back to my Scottish Canadian Grandmother who ALWAYS showed up at our house with a basket of these goodies. When I made these last night it brought tears to my eyes...so..thank you for making me cry :-) (wink). I will NEVER throw this out, and will use it for my kids! LA :-)