Scotch Shortbread (Uses Rice Flour and Berry Sugar)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 1 cup berry sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- Cream butter slightly.
- Blend berry sugar into slightly creamed butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine all purpose flour and rice flour.
- Mix about 2 cups of the flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture.
- Knead the other 2 cups of flour mixture inches.
- Roll out onto a lightly floured board, making dough about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into circles or shapes of your choices.
- Bake at 275 until very lightly golden brown.
- (Baking time will vary depending on oven. Probably between 20-30 minutes).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The very best shortbread and amazed this has not been reviewed. My mum used this recipe and I do too - always turns out. The combination of berry sugar (very fine sugar) and the rice flour is the key to the texture and taste. Highly recommend this recipe if directions are followed as written. Thanks and thanks again for putting this in print.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 19 year old [female] University student who loves to cook and bake with any spare time I have...!! I find it so relaxing and enjoyable to be in the kitchen, discover and try new recipes, and hopefully find some excellent keepers. Cooking, Baking, and long-distance running are the ways I de-stress and relax. I find that Recipezaar is also great for my mom who, after cooking for a large family for over 20 years, finds it hard to motivate herself to cook; with Recipezaar, there is always a new recipe to try, and it is so rewarding to find a dish that everyone enjoys. My absolute favourite thing to do in the kitchen is bake. I find it very methodical, relaxing, and fun. I worked for a restaurant in the past as the assistant pastry chef, and learned a lot from the head pastry chef. Thus, I have quite some experience baking, and have done a variety of challenging desserts because of my experience there. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">