Linzer Torte (Wheat Free, No Refined Sugar)
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups light spelt flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel or 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar-free raspberry jam or 3/4 cup fruit spread
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine flour, almonds, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat honey, butter and lemon peel in a large bowl with electric mixer. Beat in egg until well blended.
- Beat in flour mixture at low speed until well blended. Spoon 2/3 of dough onto bottom of 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Pat dough evenly over bottom and up side of pan. Spread jam over bottom of dough.
- Roll remaining 1/3 of dough on lightly floured surface into 10x6-inch rectangle. Cut into narrow strips and arrange in a lattice design over jam.
- Bake 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. Serve at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a fantastic recipe! I made if for a family get together, and it was enjoyed by all! It was easy to put together, and texture of the crust was perfect. I don't have a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, so I used a 10-inch springform pan (which worked well). I'm looking forward to making this again and perhaps experimenting with the filling!
I brought this healthy linzor torte pie to work this morning and everyone is just raving about it. This is wonderful recipe! A most definite keeper. I used a buckwheat honey which is really very flavorful (which I like) and the crust tasted beautiful, the timing was also good, it's creates a nice jelly centre with a tender crispy crust treat at the end. Thanks so much for a great post.