- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground almonds, blanched
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 egg white, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Chop or crumble cold butter into flour.
- Add almonds.
- Mix sugar with the spices and egg yolks, add to flour mixture.
- Bring the dough together and knead until well blended.
- Place two-thirds of the dough into a 9 inch ungreased cake pan.
- with a removable bottom.
- Spread dough over the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides.
- Chill pan for an hour.
- Roll out remaining dough on lightly floured surface into a.
- rectangle 10x 5 inches and chill for 1 hour.
- Spread jam over bottom of pan.
- Cut 1/2 inch wide strips of the rolled out dough.
- Lift with a spatula and arrange lattice style over the jam.
- Fasten the ends around the rim of pan by pressing lightly.
- Brush with egg white and bake on the lower shelf of the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Set pan on a rack and partly cool before removing the rim of the pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Recipe worked well, and friends loved it! I suggest placing the dough to be cut into strips on plastic wrap, folding plastic wrap back over the top, and rolling out between layers of the plastic wrap. Place thee flattened dough in a refrigerator for an hour - maybe even in the freezer for the last 15 minutes. Also topped the lattice with Turbinado Sugar before baking.