Guiltless Banana Pancakes (Gluten Free - High Fiber)
These pancakes are made up of buckwheat flour, brown rice flour and garfava flour which are all high in nutrients and fiber. There is no oil or sugar added and they are less than 2 points each with Weight Watchers! I modified my Recipe #259741 recipe to make it gluten free.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup garfava flour (or Garbonzo Flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites (or 1 egg)
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk (Rice or Soy work too)
- 1 mashed banana (very ripe)
- banana, and honey for topping
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the ripe banana and add the two egg whites and pour into the dry mixture.
- Add the milk and then mix well with a wire whisk being sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl. The batter will be thick.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over low to medium-low heat. Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto hot skillet. Wait until the batter bubbles and the edges look slightly dry (about1-2 mins) and then flip the pancake and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Serve with a layer of thinnly sliced banana on top with a little bit of honey drizzled over it. Microwave for 1 minute to soften the banana.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I like buckwheat pancakes, and had a ripe banana to use up, and thought I'd give this a try. I used 3/4 c. buckwheat flour, 1/4 c. wheat flour, 1/4 bran and 1/4 c. oats and really liked how that turned out. Used a whole egg, only 6 oz milk and added cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves. Very good tasting and filling.Reply