Scotch Pancakes or Drop Scones
- Mix or sift the flour, sugar and salt together.
- Make a well/hollow in the flour, then add the egg and milk into it.
- Mix, incorporating the flour from around the well until you have a thick, smooth batter that drops from the spoon like thick cream. (If you want to add any extras, do it now.).
- Heat a frying pan with a little butter or oil, wipe off if there's too much.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of batter into the pan. Leave enough room between them to manouver a fish slice/your preferred pancake turning implement.
- When bubbles appear, turn the pancakes over and cook until lightly browned and no longer battery.
- Serve with butter, jam or honey or anything you fancy.