From epicurious.com. Posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup shelled fresh peas or 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- -inch cauliflower floret
- 1 small boiling potato, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch dice, and reserved in a bowl of water
- 1/4 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ounces fresh spinach, coarse stems discarded and the leaves washed well, spun dry, and chopped fine (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 lb small shrimp, shelled, deveined if desired
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill plus 2 dill sprigs (to garnish)
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry, if desired
- 1In a large saucepan combine the carrot, the peas, the cauliflower, the potato, drained, and the green beans with 2 cups salted cold water and boil the mixture for 7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- 2Add the spinach and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3In a small bowl whisk together the half-and-half and the yolk, stir in 1 cup of the vegetable mixture, a little at a time, and stir the yolk mixture gradually back into the pan.
- 4Cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute, or until a thermometer registers 160°F (but do not let it boil).
- 5Add the shrimp and simmer the mixture for 1 minute, or until the shrimp are pink and just firm.
- 6Add the salt, the chopped dill, pepper to taste, and the Sherry, divide the soup between 2 large soup bowls, and garnish each serving with a dill sprig.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scandinavian Vegetable Soup With Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.9
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 213.6 mg
- Sodium 1329.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: