Source: The Good Cook Vegetables where it's credited to Foods of the World/The Cooking of Scandinavia. Posted for ZWT6. I haven't tried this yet so times are estimates.
- Blanch spinach in boiling water, drain and squeeze completely dry.
- Finely chop spinach.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the milk, salt, nutmeg and flour and then stir in the melted butter (or combine these ingredients in electric blender at medium speed).
- In another bowl, combine eggs and sugar and stir into batter.
- Gradually add chopped spinach.
- Coat bottom of heaty 10 to 12 inch skillet with 1 tsp soft butter using a pastry brush or paper towel.
- Set skillet over medium heat until pan is very hot.
- For each pancake, drop 2 tbsp of the batter onto the skillet and, with a spoon or spatula, spread it out evenly to form a 3-inch disk.
- Cook pancakes, 3 or 4 at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until they have browned lightly.
- Keep them hot on a warmed platter, covered loosely with aluminum foil.
- Add more butter to skillet as it becomes necessary while cooking remaining pancakes.
- Serve with lingonberries if desired.