Spinach Rice -- Spanakorizo
Posted for ZWT6 for Greece leg of tour.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 2 1⁄2 - 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 (9 ounce) packages Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup yogurt
- In a deep, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and saute the onions until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the chili pepper and the rice. Stir for a few seconds to coat with oil.
- In the meantime, heat the stock with the spinach in a separate saucepan. When starts to boil, pour it over the rice and reduce the heat.
- Season with salt, mix well with a wooden spoon, and cover. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked but still moist.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with chopped dill and with a dollop of yogurt on each plate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION