Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, broken apart
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- in medium skillet, cook and stir bacon and onion until bacon is crisp.
- stir in spinach, salt and pepper.
- cover tightly; cook til spinach is tender.
Was cooking salmon but the online delivery we were expecting didn't bring the right veg...did this instead and will definitely be doing it again! Really lovely. My husband doesn't really like spinach and even he loved it!
I made this as a side for lemon butter scallops and It was insane!!! Thank you!!
The bacon & onion is lovely with the spinach. I used only 1 slice and mostly just the lean - it was enough to impart the bacon flavor and cut back a wee bit on the fat. Lovely recipe - I will make again Thanks for posting