- Ready In:
- 2 lbs spinach, trimmed & washed
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch nutmeg, pinch
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- 1 ham, smoked
- Cook spinach about 5 minutes in a heavy enameled pot.
- After squeezing thoroughly to rid of as much water as possible, chop it coarsely and put into enameled saucepan with the softened butter and other seasonings.
- Stir over very low heat until butter is almost absorbed.Add small clove of garlic, crushed in garlic press, 1/2 c pine nuts, 1/2 c seeded raisins (softened 5 minutes in hot water).
- Cover and cook over very low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn into a hot vegetable dish.
- A cup of chopped, smoked ham may be added if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 4 more