Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet, by Nava Atlas. Leeks and carrots both have a natural sweetness that mingles nicely. This is a mild and pleasant side dish, good with pasta, potatoes, and soy dishes. We loved this dish.
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 medium leeks, white and palest green parts only, chopped and very well rinsed
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil and wine in a wide skillet.
- Add the leeks and carrots, cover, and cook over medium-low heat, for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Uncover and sauté, stirring frequently, until the leeks and carrots begin to turn golden.
- Stir in the nutmeg, if desired, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Wonderful side dish! I love carrots, and love this new way to prepare them. I didn't use the nutmeg (because I forgot) but will next time. Also, I added a sprinkle of garlic powder and small amount of agave at the end for a little sweetness. A definite keeper- thanks Dancer!
What a fantastic yet simple recipe! I was looking for a recipe to use up some extra leeks I had, and this fit the bill - we were amazed how delicious this came out to be! Thank you for sharing!
I cut the recipe in half - I didn't use oil just tossed the veggies so they wouldn't stick. Excellent flavor, super easy to make.. TRhanks Dancer for yet another super recipe