Apple and Pistachio Salad
photo by alligirl
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 3 medium tart apples, cored and diced (peel the apples only if they are thick skinned)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1/4 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1 medium celery, with leaves diced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped (NOT dried)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 2 teaspoons honey, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- lettuce leaf, as needed
- Toast pistachio nuts and set aside to cool.
- Once you've cooled and chopped the pistachios, combine them with the remaining salad ingredients.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a non-reactive bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Divide and place a serving on a bed of lettuce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!