Recipe by SolightlyUK
My sister made this for us when she visited... and YUM! "Rich and easy to make, this dish is elegant enough for company."
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, low-salt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- chopped fresh parsley
- lemon wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using mallet, lightly pound chicken between sheets of plastic wrap to 1/2-inch thickness. Season chicken with salt & pepper.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and saute just until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter; cover with foil and keep warm.
- Pour butter from skillet. Add vermouth, lemon juice and lemon peel to same skillet; boil 1 minute, scraping up brown bits.
- Add cream, broth and any juices accumulated from chicken; boil until reduced to sauce consistency, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in 1/4 cup Parmesan. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce around chicken. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and parsley. Garnish with lemon if desired.